Sunday, March 16, 2014

Songs and Quotes

A new habit of mine is to stumble upon a nice quote. Something really simple and then write it on my arm so it can be immortalized for a day. I don't ever look for these quotes, they usually just find me on facebook, a good book, or even in song lyrics. These quotes usually stand out, there's something about their simplicity that makes them so convoluted and I just love them. So here's a list, in no particular order, of some of my most recent favorite quotes. 


  • “It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.” 


I haven't read Paper Towns yet but I was on Buzzfeed reading some of John Green's quotes. While he personally isn't my favorite author, I am really excited to read Paper Towns because there is so much feeling and emotion in just the few snippets that I read.



  • "It might be a whole secret country...and you and I would be the rulers of it." 

In sixth grade Bridge to Terebithia was an assigned reading and I instantly fell in love with it. Leslie and I are similar in so many ways that I can't help but look at her as a source of inspiration. 

  • "I lose my feelings to oblivion"


This song is so beautiful and is one of my most favorite songs. This line though is just wow. It just such a far fetched idea to lose your feelings to oblivion. But the thing is it happens all the time and when it does you feel peaceful because even though you have 1001 worries in that moment you don't have to care. 

  • "Some people are worth melting for"
Frozen is my favorite movie. Obviously. But I just love Olaf so much. Other than the fact that he loves warm hugs (which are totes awesome!) he is just so innocent and sweet. Also he gives the perfect love advice all the time. Goes to show you that even though we live in a world where we are constantly over thinking sometimes to truly understand love you need to take a deep breath and think about it in a simple manner. 

  • "Say what you want to say and let the words fall out honestly I wanna see you be brave"


This song is just so amazing. It might seem simple if you're just listening to listen. But if you listen for the lyrics it has such a powerful message. Instead of keeping your thoughts to yourself, take a risk. Sometimes you just need to be brave and let other people know what you are thinking. 

  • If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.
Like I said life is about risks. Don't wait for the opportune moment because before you know it, it will pass before your eyes and you'd have lost the moment. Live life for now, not for what could possibly happen because we don't know what the future has in store for us but we do know what we have now. 

  • "You were my new dream"
So I just love the concept of Tangled. The whole theme is basically following your dreams no matter what life throws your way. Flynn and Rapunzel both state their dreams early on and both of them go to extremes to achieve what they set their mind to. Also there's Flynn's smolder





No comments:

Post a Comment