Friday, March 7, 2014

A journey through hell and back

This is back story only read it if you're bored or actually care about my life. 

So today's been a really odd day and a super long one too. So it started out normal, like any other day I woke up and got ready and did my normal morning routine. But then during breakfast everything took a rapid turn in the wrong direction. For starters, the room that I usually sit in was closed because of break so I didn't know where else to sit and sat in a random table in the dining hall. Then some of the people I usually sit with (sorry I can't say names because I don't know if they'd be okay with it) and I had a very interesting conversation. Basically it was a discussion about our favorite three digit numbers, mine and someone's mutual like for being super precise about time, and a bunch of other random everyday Case stuff. Well after this is where things got stranger. So let me preface with the fact that I have been super stressed about midterms, housing, and a bunch of other random stuff so I was a little out of it early in the morning. Well anyways, so in my stressed, sleep deprived state, I decided that now would be the perfect time to go philosophical and contemplate lots of everyday things about life and we all know conversations like that don't always end well. Fast forward a couple hours, my chem exam is now over and I've finished lunch (which was actually not half bad). So I was going with another friend to help someone get to the train station with their luggage because she had a lot to carry and needed the extra help up the stairs. So on the way back I realize that I have to grab my shoes from one of the buildings before I leave for break.


PAY ATTENTION. This is where the real story happens!


So my friend and I need to get back into the buildings but we're on the backside and we believe that the only building we'll actually have access to is Sears or Nord. So we walk all the way to Sears and enter the building, which is really hot by the way and  walk into this passage way. So we see a giant circle thing on the wall and we comment on how it looks really cool and kind of mimics the clock that is placed in the top center of it. So as we're walking we see all of these research labs with warning signs that say: Warning: corrosive materials, lasers, and thermal hazard. So we're walking around trying to find our way out of there when I get distracted by some metal stuff. While this is happening my friend is looking the other way and she's like, "Yasha look it's the doorway to hell." BAM! The door was slammed right as she said it. But not before I got a glimpse into the room. It was emitting a fiery glow and there was all sorts of machinery everywhere. So after this we decide to take the stairs up a flight because the exit must obviously be there. So we go up to the next floor and then we use the sky walk to travel to the next building. We try using the elevator but the button wasn't working and then we decided just to use the stairwell. So we go down the stairs, in a different building, and when we open the door at the bottom of the stairs we end up exactly where we started off! Needless to say we were a little creeped out because the only logical explanation was that we were having an out of body experience.

Let me backtrack a little and explain the situation. So to get back to campus from the train station requires that we cross a road that has heavy traffic. Well it being rush hour and all, proved to make crossing the road a very difficult journey, and both of us could have lost our lives.


Back to the story. So we've come to the conclusion that we're having an out of body experience and we decide that the best line of action would be to go up to the third floor and try our luck there. So we take the stairs up two flights and we come to these nice little couches. My friend goes to sit down and I tell her that I'm going to look for a restroom in the building. So I turn a corner and I get out of sight and she yells my name. I don't respond for a few seconds and so she asks me if I've found the bathroom. My response to her was, "better, I've found the way out!" I hear some shuffling and before I know it the both of us are running out the doors yelling I'm free!!!

However our odd experience doesn't end here. We take the short cut through Strosacker, and in the lobby are 4 giant containers of hot chocolate and coffee. Does this even make sense? Why would you have hot chocolate on the hottest day of the winter? And to make matters worse the copy of the Athenian was only confirming our fears. The cover of the copy was covered in flames and the first page that I opened to talked about the Coffee House in Hell and the first page that my friend opened to was an article about Hades. So at this point we're more than a little worried and we realize that we haven't encountered a single person that we actually know. Everyone has been complete strangers.

So we grab my shoes and go back to the dorms. But we take the long way because hopefully we'll run into at least one person we know. Right? I mean what are the odds of not running into anyone? So we're walking and I see some people that I vaguely know but they don't even acknowledge that I am there. Needless to say, this only made our panic levels increase. So as we're nearing the dorms we see one of our other friends in the distance. We tell ourselves that he'll be the test of whether we are really alive or not. So as he approaches us and hasn't made any movement of recognition, my friend and I start panicking. Is it possible that we are really dead and completely invisible to the world??? To our joy, when he was about 5 feet away from us he started waving and said hi!

Words cannot even begin to describe how elated we were. Someone had actually acknowledged our presence and had proved that we were not having an out of body experience... anymore. Or were we? I don't really know. It is highly possible that we still haven't managed to escape from the hell we unintentionally created.


And this my friends, is the story of how I traveled through hell and hopefully back,

Au revoir
Yasha the Magnificent

1 comment: