Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Nostalgic Memory Box

So I really like sparkles. And glitter. And confetti. Like a lot, but apparently little me thought it would be a great idea to make a glitter explosion on my time capsule. Like seriously I was finding glitter everywhere for a while after I opened the thing. But going through all the papers I wrote made me realize that even though it's been 8 years (Woah!) my personality hasn't changed much.


"One goal that I have is not being friends with someone who does drugs"
I'm adorable. My biggest goal for seventh grade wasn't to get good grades or make new friends or something like that. It was to not make friends with anyone who does drugs. DARE was a big thing at my school okay. However for those of you wondering, I can proudly say I was able to fulfill that goal and even though I don't talk to them anymore I had some pretty awesome friends who loved to play neopets with me.

"I stole my computer so I can keep up with the news. Also so I can check the weather. Then I can keep my neopets account."
Speaking of Neopets, I guess I'd be taking a computer into my tomb so I can check the weather and keep my Neopets account. Not that I'm questioning you, but little me, why would I need to check the weather underground?



So little me, What would you do with hips like these?
I guess I would dance til I drop? Okay, but so you know these hips don't lie.


But I guess this is where some things don't change. I still draw babies like this. No it's not an ice cream cone it's a baby! Do ice cream cones have faces? I didn't think so. Case closed.


"Life without math would be chaos, no one would no how much money they have."
Ahh the good 'ol days. When math was still numbers. Life was so much easier then, when the only application for it was knowing how much money you have...

"I was the first person to get 53% because we only had 53 of them."
Actually maybe it wasn't so easy. But hey, who cares as long as you got a 53%. But on a more serious note this was one of my proudest moments in 5th grade. We were studying the prepositions and for the test we had to write them in alphabetical order. I was the only 5th grader who was able to do it perfectly!


I guess that little moment was what caused these adjectives to be my descriptors. I mean it was only fitting. I had my nose in a new book every other week and I always had the highest grade on the tests. I remember we'd have spelling pretests and if you got a 90% or higher (or something like that) you would keep that grade and you didn't have to take the actual test. Me being me would always get the highest pretest grade, but there was one day when another kid scored one point higher than me. Everyone freaked out so much that day because it was so like a world record or something!


So these were my favorite things. But what really popped out to me was the language that I used. Honestly the way I wrote and the words I used 8 years ago are still the same things I use now. But I don't kick the floor anymore. I think that was me trying to be cool. And failing. Like always.


"A best seller- New York Times
A phenomenon- Kirkus Review
Sold 5,000,000 copies in 2 days- Publisher's office
Everyone has it why don't you buy one today. 
Everyone asks me can I have an autograph please, please, please"
This is my personal favorite from my memory box. It showed me that even though I've grown up a lot over the last 8 years, I still have my giant ego. Although, and I say this with a sad heart, it's been 8 years and no one has actually asked me for my autograph. Oh well, I'm sure that will change soon.


But wow, going through all of these papers and stuff has just made me rethink my life. Everyone talks about how much you grow up with experience but I now I think differently. You definitely do grow up, but at the same time you don't grow up. Your mind will grow up to fit into new responsibilities that come with age but the part of you that defines who you are is in Neverland. That part won't change because it is what defines you as you :)  But that's just my take on life. Who knows 8 years from now I  might have a totally different opinion.

As little me used to say,

Peace!
(yeah I totally need to work on the whole being cool thing)

2 comments:

  1. Whoever said good artist on that green sheet has obviously never seen you draw a baby ;)
    I did think it was an ice cream cone until I kept reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my defense babies are sweet like ice cream so I was making a metaphor on life through the drawing.... yeah let's go with that :P

    ReplyDelete