Saturday, May 3, 2014

That's a wrap!

With finals coming to an end and the end of the year quickly coming to a close it's weird to think that my first year of college is finally done. It's been a rollercoaster of a journey from meeting a ton of new people, dancing in the snow, to going on crazy adventures. It's been a great year and if I had the opportunity, I'd do it all over again. Sure everything wasn't perfect and there were times were my stress levels were off the charts, but over all it was a great experience. I was able to meet new people who showed me so many different things, who taught me more about myself, who made me realize how beautiful time really is.


 Sometimes life is just like a really slow video, even though you're annoyed that it's taking forever to buffer, sometimes in the end you're somewhat happier because it meant being able to spend more time with your friends laughing and just hanging out (TOTALLY WORKED IN THAT ANALOGY! BOOYAH!). The one thing we all look forward to every year is summer but for the first time in forever I don't want summer. The thing about college is you get so used to seeing your friends all the time it'll be really weird not being able to see them on a day to day basis.
 Like seriously, if I'm ever bored I literally walk out of my room and go bug someone (several friends can attest to this). I mean yeah everything will be "back to normal" once we're back in the fall but it's kind of weird thinking about how close I've gotten to a certain people these last couple of months.

        But this post isn't about me being sad or even bittersweet. It's kind of amazing just to look back at the past year. I've learned that life is really just a series of coincidences that sometimes work in your favor. Where I am right now (not physically but like mentally) would not be possible without the little things that happened in the way. For instance during orientation week had I decided to continue hanging out with my "friends" at the time, I would never have even met the people I'm friends with now. Instead I had decided to head over to Raymond and the people there were playing cards and I decided to join them. Because of that decision I'm friends with some of the most amazing people.(#+emergency rainbow). 


No comments:

Post a Comment